LMDE 5 on HP Dev One

Questions about other topics and general discussion about LMDE
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Barone
Level 1
Level 1

LMDE 5 on HP Dev One

Post by Barone »

Hello...I'm a long time Mint user from the very beginning of the project. I don't post much but I lurk from time to time. I recently purchased the HP Dev One as a retirement gift to myself. It is a nice piece of equipment. It comes with Pop_OS installed. I ran that for a day and then installed Fedora Gnome on it. Both ran well but I am a Mint Cinnamon guy at heart. I decided to try LMDE 5 and see if it would work. I was a little concerned about the 5.10 kernel. But I am happy to report that everything works perfectly. Video playback in Firefox and VLC is smooth. My bluetooth mouse was discovered instantly. Sound works fine. Webcam, too. Great job LMDE devs!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Running Mint on various devices since first release ;-)
SMG
Level 25
Level 25

Re: LMDE 5 on HP Dev One

Post by SMG »

Barone wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:47 pm Hello...I'm a long time Mint user from the very beginning of the project.
Welcome to the forum, Barone.

Good to hear the 5.10 kernel in LMDE5 works well for you. I would have also guessed you needed to install the backport kernel.

You are not alone in enjoying Linux Mint on the HP Dev One HP Dev One Laptop Review.
A woman typing on a laptop with LM20.3 Cinnamon.
Barone
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Barone »

SMG wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:54 pm
Barone wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:47 pm Hello...I'm a long time Mint user from the very beginning of the project.

Good to hear the 5.10 kernel in LMDE5 works well for you. I would have also guessed you needed to install the backport kernel.

Thanks for the welcome) I was surprised, too. I researched how to install the backport kernel but it wasn't necessary. I still might do it. I can never leave well enough alone)
Running Mint on various devices since first release ;-)
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Barone wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:05 pm
SMG wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:54 pm

Thanks for the welcome) I was surprised, too. I researched how to install the backport kernel but it wasn't necessary. I still might do it. I can never leave well enough alone)
Nice, I have one as well, and I am running Mint 20.3 with a 5.15 kernel, and it works great.

Return to “Other Topics & Open Discussion”