Auto Start Programs acting funky

Questions about other topics and general discussion about LMDE
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rustyp
Level 4
Level 4

Auto Start Programs acting funky

Post by rustyp »

I have some programs setup to load programs on boot, they do load, how ever they are loading in the task bar in reverse order,

Meaning as each program loads the next programs that load are displayed to the LEFT side of the task bar this is opposite of how they load in Linux Mint Cinnamon

After all the auto start programs are loaded then later I start another program manually and it loads to the right of all the current running programs as expected, as normal.

YES I have the startup delay times set correctly, however the sooner the programs start they further they are pushed to the right of the task bar.

I could reorder the programs but I have the lightest weight programs start first and have the heavy weight programs start later.

Is there a way to change the behavior of how auto-start programs are displayed on the task bar?

Kernel: 5.10.0-20-amd64 x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: Cinnamon 5.4.12 Distro: LMDE 5 Elsie

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Before posting on this site I always verify I have the latest version of Linux Mint Cinnamon installed and run Update Manager.
Thanks.

Return to “Other Topics & Open Discussion”