Pin Login

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
JohnDoeIII

Pin Login

Post by JohnDoeIII »

A feature I would really like to see and one I would use often is having a PIN login option similar to what a certain OS does that is on most PC's out there, it may or may not have 10 in the name, lol. When I am not at my computer, I keep it locked and I use a fairly long and hard to type password, so it becomes a pain having to type it in every time I have to unlock my pc, so if I could type in a 4-7 digit number would be so much easier. Just an idea, hopefully it gets added one of these days :).
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Pin Login

Post by Moem »

Couldn't you already use a password that consists of 4 to 7 numbers?

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
JohnDoeIII

Post by JohnDoeIII »

Moem wrote:Couldn't you already use a password that consists of 4 to 7 numbers?

I guess I could, lol, but I like having the long password for when I initially login or have to do anything as root.
Tim Sharitt

Post by Tim Sharitt »

I can see where you're coming from, a pin would only be good to unlock locally and useless for remote access, startup or sudo so it could be a little weaker than the password.
I assume it would take quite a bit of work on the session manager (or not, I honestly haven't looked) so it would need some broad amount of interest to invest in. That said, I may have found something to poke around on just too see what effort is required. I am looking for a pet project :D
lisabonne citadel

Post by lisabonne citadel »

Some time ago like everyone i was XP user and i installed this.
FrontMotion Login
http://www.frontmotion.com/

This was like a bomb in that time and until now because you can built your custom login with flash animations like swf format.

Why plymouth dont implement this? Or someone?

It will be awesome if will turn real.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”