Applet Global Menu and HUD for Cinnamon

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
  • Only post ideas here that are specifically about the Linux Mint distribution or its websites.
  • So that developers and users from any distribution can discuss ideas in one place, post ideas about improving software to the collaboration website for that software instead.
aNobody_81
Level 1
Level 1

Applet Global Menu and HUD for Cinnamon

Post by aNobody_81 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:44 am

Hello everyone.

It'd be great if the LM team or some 3rd party dev will be able to develop a global menu applet and integrate the HUD like the MATE team was able to do.

Is it difficult with Cinnamon? It'd be a great addition.

Thanks in advance.

aNobody_81
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Applet Global Menu and HUD for Cinnamon

Post by aNobody_81 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:57 pm

Hello again. Nobody knows if the Linux Mint team is working on something like this?

ssspace
Level 2
Level 2

Post by ssspace » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:18 am

I agree that it would be very nice to have a HUD, it saves time for applications with tons of menus like LibreOffice, GIMP and others.

aNobody_81
Level 1
Level 1

Post by aNobody_81 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:56 am

Hello again, since Linux Mint 19 is ready, is it possible that someone from the Linux Mint development team reply to my suggestion?

I really like the global menu and also the HUD, especially for programs with a lot of stuff in their menu. Please, someone give me hope :)

Thanks in advance.

ssspace
Level 2
Level 2

Post by ssspace » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:21 am

Give Linux Mint MATE a try, Ubuntu MATE has this feature so probably Linux Mint MATE has it too, I don't see any plans of this feature being considered on Cinnamon edition or the Xfce edition, at least for now, maybe in the future they will implement it.

Return to “Suggestions & New Ideas”