Increased text-shadows on Desktop

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
  • Only post ideas here that are specifically about the Linux Mint distribution or its websites.
  • So that developers and users from any distribution can discuss ideas in one place, post ideas about improving software to the collaboration website for that software instead.
Mumrik93
Level 1
Level 1

Increased text-shadows on Desktop

Post by Mumrik93 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:33 pm

I've just recently migrated to Linux from windows and so far i love it, I'm using Linux Mint (Cinnamon) and it's working great, but as time has past and I've started to change wallpapers a few times over the weeks I've realized that Linux Mint lacks apparent text-shadows (under the desktop-icons) I did a quick search and i cant find that many people with this problem (to most it might not be a problem?). I find this troublesome since it really strains my eyes if i use a bright background, the text almost fades into the background.

I've been asking around on the forum for a while ( viewtopic.php?f=90&t=282853&sid=1d9d194 ... b7a921fa1e )
and we've ended up being a little group who rolled ideas on how to increase the shadows, but sadly we didn't manage to solve it. I know that other desktops such as KDE (which i considered using before i chose Cinnamon) and *sigh* Windows, has more apparent text-shadows.

So basically I'm wondering if it's possible to have the text-shadows increased by default? Or event better, make it possible to increase them trough the settings?
Attachments
Pk1fC8u2.png
Text-shadows on the KDE desktop
Pk1fC8u2.png (88.49 KiB) Viewed 98 times
Mumrik2.png
MS 10 compared to Linux Mint 19 on a bright background. (click for full image)
Mumrik.png
MS 10 compared to Linux Mint 19 on a darker background.
Mumrik.png (34.43 KiB) Viewed 98 times

Return to “Suggestions & New Ideas”