Warpinator for any devices on the same home network ?

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
  • Only post ideas here that are specifically about the Linux Mint distribution or its websites.
  • So that developers and users from any distribution can discuss ideas in one place, post ideas about improving software to the collaboration website for that software instead.
ToutAlu
Level 3
Level 3

Warpinator for any devices on the same home network ?

Post by ToutAlu »

It's already a big step to have offered Warpinator with Mint 20.
On my home-network, it replaces Dukto which is no longer compatible or maintained.
But Dukto had the advantage of accepting any device and letting them exchange any files.

And when we have tasted this very practical side, we have only one idea : is to see it adopted by Warpinator!
Kadaitcha Man
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Warpinator for any devices on the same home network ?

Post by Kadaitcha Man »

ToutAlu wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:51 am
And when we have tasted this very practical side, we have only one idea : is to see it adopted by Warpinator!
That's highly unlikely. Warpinator is simply a utility for Linux Mint users. If you want to exchange files with different devices, use KDE Connect.
It's pronounced kad-eye-cha, not kada-itcha.
ToutAlu
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ToutAlu »

Kadaitcha Man wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:56 pm
ToutAlu wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:51 am
That's highly unlikely. Warpinator is simply a utility for Linux Mint users. If you want to exchange files with different devices, use KDE Connect.
Although this solution exists, it is not what I asked for, I just want to extend the possibilities of Warpinator.
When I was using Dukto, I didn't need a KDE application ...
Kadaitcha Man
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Kadaitcha Man »

ToutAlu wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:49 am
it is not what I asked for
You did not ask for anything so you got given anything. Writing questions in the subject header simply doesn't count.
It's pronounced kad-eye-cha, not kada-itcha.
allanherrera
Level 2
Level 2

Post by allanherrera »

Are you asking for making Warpinator an Multiplataform app? cool, somebody must note it, there is the source code (ask a moderator where), compile it in othe distros, and after porting it to Windows, etc, would be quite good.
Mick-Cork
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Mick-Cork »

This was the stated position by Clem (LM founder) back in March when asked will Warpinator be able to transfer files between computers running different operating systems, or only between computers running Warpinator on Linux Mint?
"Between computers running warpinator, but on any distro (and if it’s successful maybe one day on Windows and/or Android as well)."
I'm not sure if it can yet be installed on other distros but his statement does demonstrate his aspirations for it.

Return to “Suggestions & New Ideas”