Mint-X Dark Theme

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
mburg33
Level 1
Level 1

Mint-X Dark Theme

Post by mburg33 »

I see there’s a light/dark Mint-Y Theme but only a light Mint-X Theme. I can customize a Mint-Y Dark Theme to look like a Mint-X but it’s not a full conversion with all the button themes (it only changes the minimize, maximize and close program buttons but nothing else).

I would appreciate some love for Mint-X Theme users.

Thanks!
scjet45
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mint-X Dark Theme

Post by scjet45 »

for better or worse, Mint-X was/is still great eye-candy, and I luv it, but everyone(devs) wants to go boring 2D-ugly Mint-Y schtuff, I dunno, it is what it is.
MATE 21.3 | Lenovo Legion 5 17ACH6
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

There is a user created dark Mint-X Theme for Cinnamon Desktop but it will not change the light controls and title bars.
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
DraganTheMighty

Post by DraganTheMighty »

Me too I love Mint-X!
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Post by antikythera »

I like the shading effects Mint-X has, I believe it was a fork of the Greybird GTK theme. It certainly looks similar in style, anyhow I'm now using sebastjava's Mint-Yz because I like the colour palette more than the default Mint-X or Mint-Y ones.

If anyone could make a fully comprehensive Mint-X Dark theme it's probably him :)
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.
jairoraiol
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jairoraiol »

The Mint-X theme is the best I have used so far on Linux Mint Cinnamon 20.1.
This theme is very beautiful and gives an idea of greater robustness and better organization.
However, I see that he is not getting the attention he deserves.

Perceived problems:
- Panel (taskbar): Need more contrast to differentiate the programs already open. You also need to improve the mouse-over effect to make it stand out better during the pass.
- Nemo program: It needs to have the mouse-over effect on the sidebar.
- In programs like Calculator and Google Chrome: The buttons in the title bar (minimize, maximize and close) are very small. Also, a mouse-over effect with better emphasis on these buttons would be well appreciated.

Thanks.
O-rion
Level 3
Level 3

Post by O-rion »

In programs like Calculator and Google Chrome: The buttons in the title bar (minimize, maximize and close) are very small.
Yes ... It's only made for people who are young and fit. With good eyes and a steady hand :-(
Linux Mint 20.1 MATE

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”