[Suggestion] Add an option to change the speed of the wheel of the mouse

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Not support questions here please. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
hbth652SD

[Suggestion] Add an option to change the speed of the wheel of the mouse

Post by hbth652SD »

Every time that I install Linux Mint or Ubuntu, the speed of the scroll wheel is very slow. This has happened to me in 2 computers and is not easy to beginners to change the speed. It should be an option in Linux Mint configuration to change that without installing anything. Thanks for this great distro, keep the work :D
ricardogroetaers
Level 6
Level 6

Re: [Suggestion] Add an option to change the speed of the wheel of the mouse

Post by ricardogroetaers »

Good sugestion.
Perhaps the developers of the graphic environments did not remember that the mouse currently has a wheel.
tekknj
Level 1
Level 1

Post by tekknj »

So true. And I know there is a third party program out there that is suppose to be a solution, but it is a pain to configure and doesn't operate that well. This scroll speed is a show stopper for me. It's just as bad as the desktop scaling issues.
MattyWS
Level 1
Level 1

Post by MattyWS »

+1 to this. I did end up using IMWheel to configure my mouse wheel but honestly it should be a setting. I I have to duckduckgo how to change my mouse wheel speed thats already a fail in the UX but to have to install IM Wheel, then copy code into the text editor and run it is pretty net level unnecessary to me.

That said, mouse settings in general would be nice, cursor speed, dpi, mouse wheel speed etc.