Clearer feedback for deleted messages

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
rambo919
Level 5
Level 5

Clearer feedback for deleted messages

Post by rambo919 »

A certain thread was cleaned up by a certain mod. One of the deleted posts was one that quoted me.... I clicked on the notification and got the message "You are not authorised to read this forum.".

I thought I was section banned or something and then figured out the message simply did not exist anymore.

I suggest some tweaking for deleted post notifications to clear up future confusion.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Clearler feedback for deleted messages

Post by xenopeek »

Posts that violate forums rules such as to be removed will generally be kept in an archive forum for some time, as per the forum rules. There are exceptions. Like spam posts we permanently delete. The archive forum is not public hence you get this "you are not authorized to read this forum" if a reply to a post of yours was removed and you had not yet clicked the notification for that. When a post is permanently deleted it does get rid of notifications but not when it's removed to the archive forum. It would be nicer if we could do it the same for posts removed to the archive forum, to delete pending notifications for those posts, but the board software we're using doesn't have an option for that currently.
rambo919
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Clearler feedback for deleted messages

Post by rambo919 »

Gotcha

So deleted is not really deleted it just looks like it from the outside pov.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”