Live Wallpaper System Setting

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
EggShweg
Level 1
Level 1

Live Wallpaper System Setting

Post by EggShweg »

I might be in the minority here, but I wish, like other DE's, that Linux Mint with Cinnamon could support having a .gif or video file as a background that loops. From what I've seen, compatibility with Cinnamon is Komorebi at the current state but even that's stale at the moment. I tried Komorebi but it's really buggy: I've had trouble with my Conky config, and even running The Sims 4 with Lutris while Komorebi was active. I understand I could change DE's but from what I've seen doing that isn't really recommended. I did a search beforehand as well and didn't find anything so if this has already been suggested I'll go bump that post. I have a nice peaceful background with light rain and I'd like to take the video of the rain and have it constantly loop in the background. Thanks for reading, and for your time in advance.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Live Wallpaper System Setting

Post by Cosmo. »

In Cinnamon there is a slideshow option in the background settings.
EggShweg
Level 1
Level 1

Post by EggShweg »

Cosmo. wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:51 pm In Cinnamon there is a slideshow option in the background settings.
I guess that’d work for others but isn’t really what I’m asking and doesn’t work for me as the slideshow wouldn’t create the rain effect I’m looking for. I appreciate the suggestion though, and I learned something I didnt know before.
ChocoMint is better
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ChocoMint is better »

As a fellow enjoyer of cool gifs i'd like to see if this is possible too, its incredibly hard to make it work on windows and you usually need Rainmeter, which while its an amazing tool, tanks your performance and batterylife. I was told several times that having these kind of features, or at least animated gifs in the background was a lot easier and simpler on linux.
RIH
Level 9
Level 9

Post by RIH »

Don't know if this is worth a read..

https://fostips.com/video-animated-wall ... tu-debian/

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”