[CLOSED] New Design for the forums

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Not support questions here please. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Gruppo Sportivo
Level 4
Level 4

Re: [CLOSED] New Design for the forums

Post by Gruppo Sportivo »

Neat looks nice @Mick-Cork
Maybe an idea to work more closely with the one who maintains the forum.

Thinking of an option that can be built into forum software to give users the choice of choosing there own skin,install and set one default and one mobile skin and offer some others skins (such as the skin you have customized) where the forum user can make a choice after login into the forum (that is how I built it into my own forum,by using a skin selector)
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Gruppo Sportivo wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:14 am
Thinking of an option that can be built into forum software to give users the choice of choosing there own skin,install and set one default and one mobile skin and offer some others skins (such as the skin you have customized) where the forum user can make a choice after login into the forum
This forum already has a skin selector. You'll find it here: ucp.php?i=165
The option is called Board Style.
minty.png

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Gruppo Sportivo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Gruppo Sportivo »

Moem wrote:This forum already has a skin selector.
Okay that's a plus.
Then it should be possible to add a new skin to the selection menu in cooperation with Mick-Cork
LyndonKapetanos
Level 1
Level 1

Post by LyndonKapetanos »

This is a great idea! I know that many forum software packages allow for customizations and skins, but I don't know of any that offer the option to choose from a selection of skins. This would be a great way to allow users to customize their experience and make the forum more user-friendly. I think it would be a great addition to any forum software! If I'm not wrong, I saw something similar here on luckybrand.cz. It's not a forum, but anyway, I think it's a nice idea to implement. Good luck with that!

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”