dexpot and nexus

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
davidmitchelstow

dexpot and nexus

Post by davidmitchelstow »

I think devs might be able to work with those who created dexpot in order to have something that gives different wallpapers for workspaces. I think perhaps devs could work with the cairo dock or nexus people to create a dock more fully featured and with sounds as in nexus.

The beauty of this would be that these could be easy options to add to cinnamon independently without changes to cinnamon for those who want the original look and feel of cinnamon.

Also could the splash colors be replaced with wallpaper options?

Cinnamon is great... I think also that LM kde could be improved with the simpler sound set up of cinnamon... Just my opinon of course. I love kde but can't get playback in kamoso to work.

I think slowly merging the kde and cinnamon desktops and then at some point making them debian based would be a fun project and attract a lot more users too. Finally a totally merged OS could be worked with?

DMS
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: dexpot and nexus

Post by xenopeek »

This should probably go here, so moving it.

Cinnamon is available with Linux Mint Debian Edition (LMDE). Schoelje has made an unofficial LMDE KDE edition: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=106426.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”