Avoiding display issues in Mint 14

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
cwwgateway

Re: Avoiding display issues in Mint 14

Post by cwwgateway »

On Gnome Classic, Gnome Shell, and Cinnamon, this command worked to set the default desktop:

Code: Select all

xrandr --output HDMI1 --primary
Again, swap out HDMI1 for whatever other input you may have. This command will tell you the available inputs/monitors:

xrandr
Add the first xrandr command (xrandr --output <OUTPUT> --primary) to your startup applications in Gnome/Cinnamon/Gnome Classic or add the xrandr command from my previous post for Xfce.
cwwgateway

Post by cwwgateway »

On KDE you can use the display settings to adjust everything, and clicking "Save As Default" saves it. KDM doesn't work with multiple monitors, however (although I haven't looked extensively enough into it or MDM).
igor83

Post by igor83 »

cwwgateway wrote:Sorry for not posting sooner Donovan, but I was running Windows when I posted (I was using a PDF that didn't work too well with linux). Also, thank you igor for those kind words :wink: :) . Anyways, here's the command for Xfce:

xrandr --output HDMI1 --left-of LVDS1
All deserved cw. I'll get back to that guy on the ubuntu forums and link to this thread here.
He might even switch over to LM Xfce!

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”