Some suggestions to make Mint even better

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
  • Only post ideas here that are specifically about the Linux Mint distribution or its websites.
  • So that developers and users from any distribution can discuss ideas in one place, post ideas about improving software to the collaboration website for that software instead.
PiEp
Level 1
Level 1

Some suggestions to make Mint even better

Post by PiEp »

I love Linux Mint and think it is the most user-friendly Linux distro I have ever tried. There is always room for improvement though, and I immediately thought of Mint when I read this somewhat odd but very entertaining review: http://contentconsumer.wordpress.com/20 ... irlfriend/

It contains some good suggestions to make the transition from Windows to Linux and the Linux experience in general more smooth. I think if at least some of these suggestions were implemented in Mint, it would make it an even BETTER system.
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Some suggestions to make Mint even better

Post by locutus »

It would be nice if MintBackup backed up the root partition, not just the home partition. I have yet to find a good, easy, backup system for the root partition.
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Some suggestions to make Mint even better

Post by Zwopper »

locutus wrote:It would be nice if MintBackup backed up the root partition, not just the home partition. I have yet to find a good, easy, backup system for the root partition.
Here are some pointers...
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4

Return to “Suggestions & New Ideas”