Linux Mint ::: Major feel update

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
  • Only post ideas here that are specifically about the Linux Mint distribution or its websites.
  • So that developers and users from any distribution can discuss ideas in one place, post ideas about improving software to the collaboration website for that software instead.
Lemon3
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint ::: Major feel update

Post by Lemon3 »

Hello,

Linux mint is beautiful, and in my personal opinion Linux will start to take off because Linux are going somewhere with good updates, OS X are out of date are just catching up, and windows 8,etc,etc....

Idea:
The idea is to have each Linux Mint Major update more "themed", what I mean by that is there's a name that means something with wallpapers.

Example:
Apple OS X Snow Leopard:
They captured the feeling, they added lovely new wallpapers and the name of it too meant something.
Wallpaper: http://www.bitrebels.com/wp-content/upl ... eopard.jpg

So what they did was capture the name,the wallpaper, the theme, the overall feeling to it.
Lemon3
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint :: Update ideas.

Post by Lemon3 »

Hello,

KeyPoints:

Control and Peace of mind:
- You want to create something that's new to experience, like someone discovering Windows XP in 2001. Even Windows Vista (Yes I know vista may have been very buggy and all that, but I'm talking about its "theme" overall, it was something fresh and new, the wallpapers, the theme,the experience, Windows 7 was bland but of course just an updated version of Vista (and of course Windows 7 is great and all that)

Wh

- Icons (all the default icons have the same style,fresh feeling to them)
- Wallpapers,login screens,etc (all this stuff, make
- This overall flow to it, the feeling of it all connected together.

its about creating/updating that makes it special, as a computer. something new. something that is special.
Its like diving into something completely new that gives a feeling like no other.

The feeling when you used your first OS,etc.
ClutchDisc
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Linux Mint :: Update ideas.

Post by ClutchDisc »

Linux isn't Windows and I am very thankful for that!!
Custom build
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.70GHz quad core
RAM: 8GB DDR4
OS drive: 120GB SSD
Data drive: 2TB HDD
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Linux Mint ::: Major feel update

Post by Monsta »

Lemon3 wrote:Example:
Apple OS X Snow Leopard:
They captured the feeling, they added lovely new wallpapers and the name of it too meant something.
Wallpaper: http://www.bitrebels.com/wp-content/upl ... eopard.jpg

So what they did was capture the name,the wallpaper, the theme, the overall feeling to it.
Okay, let's see... Apple used cats as codenames (before Mavericks release), and Linux Mint codenames are female names... so you mean the developers should provide the wallpapers with girls for every Mint release? :)
killer de bug
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Linux Mint ::: Major feel update

Post by killer de bug »

Monsta wrote:so you mean the developers should provide the wallpapers with girls for every Mint release? :)
Did you thought that the theme used by Linux Mint is called Mint-X when you wrote this? :lol:
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.

Return to “Suggestions & New Ideas”