Dumb improvements that have never been done...

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
  • Only post ideas here that are specifically about the Linux Mint distribution or its websites.
  • So that developers and users from any distribution can discuss ideas in one place, post ideas about improving software to the collaboration website for that software instead.
runbei
Level 3
Level 3

Dumb improvements that have never been done...

Post by runbei » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:42 pm

I would be profoundly grateful if the Mint dev team would make desktop icon labels automatically change to a light color when we choose a dark desktop background. I would even happier if new program icons, drive icons, etc. would automatically appear on my default (right-hand) monitor. Lastly, why make us anal types line up desktop icons pixel by pixel - it would be lovely to have an option to have them automatically line up with a grid.

grano salis
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Dumb improvements that have never been done...

Post by grano salis » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:36 pm

If only 1 of these could be done, I'd push for the background first & foremost! VERY frustrating to see things disappear. And disappointing when introducing linux to interested people who complain and want to know why I can't fix it! And I've tried. Unfortunately, choosing foreground / background colors can only help sometimes.
For What It's Worth....
Grano Salis

Yfrwlf
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Dumb improvements that have never been done...

Post by Yfrwlf » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:52 pm

Nemo NEEDS an option where it treats the desktop like it does a folder's contents in its file browser. It needs an option for lining up the desktop like a grid.

This would be the DEFAULT BEHAVIOR of every distro out there if this were implemented! Right now, as stuff gets added to the desktop, it starts dropping it randomly due to files having different name lengths I think is the reason. I don't know of anyone who actually would want that as the default behavior.

It looks like this "bug" has been marked as a "new" bug since 2003. That is so pathetic:

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=129937

Return to “Suggestions & New Ideas”