Banshee for Gloria !!

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
  • Only post ideas here that are specifically about the Linux Mint distribution or its websites.
  • So that developers and users from any distribution can discuss ideas in one place, post ideas about improving software to the collaboration website for that software instead.
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Banshee for Gloria !!

Post by linuxviolin »

bealer and Carl, I will not reply to your posts. I do not want to enter in a sterile "war" here and I have already talked enough about this in these forums, but I remain firmly on my position.

Just, for me Banshee, Gnome-Do, F-Spot or Tomboy are NOT "great apps", as you said :twisted:
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)

bealer
Level 1
Level 1

Post by bealer »

Ok fair point. If you push such views though you can't expect not to get a response.

You have to remember the distro is put together with a general user base in mind. So whether Mono apps are used, depend upon how useful they are to the targeted user. And judging from Gnome-Do already being included, it's based upon how good/useful the app to the user rather than the framework it's written upon.

You do mention they are not great apps, to you, but I would guess this is based on the framework, rather than the apps themselves. Like if Banshee wasn't written in Mono, would you like it? Could you suggest some better alternatives?

- For me personally, Gnome-Do is currently the best app of its type.
- Banshee, hmmm, it still has a way to go. I use it, but am still torn between it and Rhythmbox as Banshee is missing functionality I need.
- F-spot I use because it's the only half decent solution out there, but it is still a long, long way from perfect. I'd rather have Mono than a KDE app though like Digikam which is the closest competitor.
- Tomboy, I don't use at all, remove it in fact.

neo21
Level 1
Level 1

Post by neo21 »

+1

heavy banshee user, just a great app to manage all your podcasts, music, internet radio streams and ipod...really simple and user friendly!

diego1188

Post by diego1188 »

Is cross-fading implemented in Banshee?

M_aD
Level 3
Level 3

Post by M_aD »

diego1188 wrote:Is cross-fading implemented in Banshee?
Nope, it isn't i believe. Would be great though.

diego1188

Post by diego1188 »

Personally, I'll stick to Rhythmbox. Cross-fading is actually the only feature I ask from a music player, and AFAIK Rhythmbox is the only one that implements it.
Can't see big differences, anyway, between Rhythmbox, Banshee, Exaile, Listen... :?

Return to “Suggestions & New Ideas”