Change default boot partition type

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
renzor

Change default boot partition type

Post by renzor »

Change default boot partition type - currently it is ext2 but I don't see any reason not to make it default as ext4.
calthax

Re: Change default boot partition type

Post by calthax »

renzor wrote:Change default boot partition type - currently it is ext2 but I don't see any reason not to make it default as ext4.
The default is already ext4
renzor

Post by renzor »

calthax wrote:
renzor wrote:Change default boot partition type - currently it is ext2 but I don't see any reason not to make it default as ext4.
The default is already ext4
Since when? With the latest livecd tith enc+lvm boot the default is ext2.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

What is the "latest"? With 17.3 the default for new partitions is ext4; I cannot tell, if this also applies for LMDE.
renzor

Post by renzor »

Cosmo. wrote:What is the "latest"? With 17.3 the default for new partitions is ext4; I cannot tell, if this also applies for LMDE.
Sorry, I meant 17.2. Did it change from 17.2 to 17.3?
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

I cannot remember and to be honest, it is of no interest in the context of your suggestion: If this has - at which version ever - already been changed, there is no base to suggest a change.
renzor

Post by renzor »

Cosmo. wrote:I cannot remember and to be honest, it is of no interest in the context of your suggestion: If this has - at which version ever - already been changed, there is no base to suggest a change.
It is of interest because I have tested with 17.2 and it has not changed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

And what shall the developers now do with this suggestion? If it is already solved, it is solved. You could "suggest" also all the features and enhancements, that 17.3 in difference to 17.2 has, what would be the sense for that?
renzor

Post by renzor »

Cosmo. wrote:And what shall the developers now do with this suggestion? If it is already solved, it is solved. You could "suggest" also all the features and enhancements, that 17.3 in difference to 17.2 has, what would be the sense for that?
What are you even talking about? You assume it has been changed in 17.3 yet you can't even remember the last time you saw it was changed. I have tested it with 17.2 and it has NOT changed with enc+lvm. So unless someone can TEST IT and say definitely that the boot partition is ext4 in 17.3 this suggestion will remain.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”