Disk Imaging Please

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
  • Only post ideas here that are specifically about the Linux Mint distribution or its websites.
  • So that developers and users from any distribution can discuss ideas in one place, post ideas about improving software to the collaboration website for that software instead.
Bobo-the-Cat
Level 2
Level 2

Disk Imaging Please

Post by Bobo-the-Cat »

Could we have a decent disk imaging program in the next release please? What I would like is something similar to Norton Ghost. I understand that there is a program called: G4L which serves the same purpose in Linux and that it is often paired with "Parted Magic".
marvinudy
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Disk Imaging Please

Post by marvinudy »

bobo-the-cat,

Try downloading "Clonezilla" from distrowatch. I believe it will meet most of your needs.

best regards,

marvinudy
viking777
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Disk Imaging Please

Post by viking777 »

Bobo-the-Cat wrote:Could we have a decent disk imaging program in the next release please? What I would like is something similar to Norton Ghost. I understand that there is a program called: G4L which serves the same purpose in Linux and that it is often paired with "Parted Magic".
In your Dreams!!

Well in mine anyway. Please don't get me started, once I climb up onto this hobby horse I will never get down again :lol:

marvinudy is right, Clonezilla is the best of a terrible bunch of options (it does work it is only the user interface that makes me want to scream :twisted: ).
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532. Intel i5 processor, 6Gb ram, Intel HD3000 graphics, Intel Audio/wifi. Realtek RTL8111/8168B Ethernet.Lubuntu 13.10,Ubuntu12.10 (Unity), Mint16 (Cinnamon), Manjaro (Xfce).

Return to “Suggestions & New Ideas”