Please Allow additional modification of Launcher for Scripts

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
  • Only post ideas here that are specifically about the Linux Mint distribution or its websites.
  • So that developers and users from any distribution can discuss ideas in one place, post ideas about improving software to the collaboration website for that software instead.
amethyst_igor
Level 3
Level 3

Please Allow additional modification of Launcher for Scripts

Post by amethyst_igor » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:36 pm

Background: I am running Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.1 with all updates applied as of 12/25/2016. It is rather nice in most respects. :D

I use a complicated script file, regen.sh, to play one of my games, Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. Like any script file, it needs to run in a terminal. If I create the launcher a-fresh, I can indeed specify this. If I create the launcher, but forgot to click on [ ] Run in Terminal, then nevermore can I modify that particular setting. The option disappears! It seems to be a one-time only deal. Thus, I have to delete the shortcut and start over. This seems to me to be a bug in Cinnamon. I finally found one!

I would like to see in Cinnamon:
1. The ability to specify Run in Terminal for a shortcut at all times
2. The ability to specify Maximize (or Minimize) window on a Launcher, as in Windows
3. Bash or gnome-terminal as an available application on the list of apps

Just a suggestion to make life a bit easier for script users and writers. We use scripts to make life easier, and if we get slowed down by the desktop environment...
I run both Windows 10 and Linux Mint 18 in dual boot with two SSDs and have other rigs running various versions of Linux. My blog.

Return to “Suggestions & New Ideas”