Where can we report bugs?

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
stepnjump
Level 1
Level 1

Where can we report bugs?

Post by stepnjump »

Would be nice to have an area where we could report bugs in LM in this forum
richyrich

Re: Where can we report bugs?

Post by richyrich »

Sad to say, but the developers seldom read the forums. It's a better idea to post your concerns where the devs will actually read it, right?

*** Note the paragraph in pink above - you can tell that your question has been asked many times . . ***
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

stepnjump wrote:Would be nice to have an area where we could report bugs in LM in this forum
As I explained in your other post, many of the bugs you see are probably not specifically Mint bugs, they probably come from "upstream." So figure out which bugs in which programs you want to tackle, and find the maintainers of that project. If you can't find them, ask here. If you find bugs in a Mint project like Cinnamon or MATE, I believe both of those are hosted at github.com, which is another of Linus Torvald's projects and hosts many open source projects. If you find bugs and you're not sure where the actual bug lies, ask here, somebody will either know or can probably figure it out.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan
stepnjump
Level 1
Level 1

Post by stepnjump »

jimallyn,

I'm sorry for not getting back to you earlier. In fact, I just saw your reply now lol
THanks for your clear explanation. Makes a lot of sense. THanks a lot again.

StepNjump
Schallaven

Post by Schallaven »

jimallyn wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:03 pm [...] at github.com, which is another of Linus Torvald's projects and hosts many open source projects. [...]
just a small note on this (sorry):

Git ≠ Github ≠ Gitlab

Git is a version control system and one of Linux Torvald's creation.

Github (as well as Gitlab and Bitbucket and so on) are web services offering Git repositories online. Github itself is now part of the Microsoft family and has nothing to do with Linus Torvald.
gm10

Post by gm10 »

Well, this thread is 2 years old, but since it's been bumped, the answer is, as linked on the main page where you download: https://linuxmint-troubleshooting-guide.readthedocs.io/

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”