Thanks for the Mint Team for (Kind of) Fixing These or Adding These Features

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
happydog500
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks for the Mint Team for (Kind of) Fixing These or Adding These Features

Post by happydog500 »

Used Mint Cinnamon a couple years, had to switch to Ubuntu because dual monitors didn't work when 18 came out. Checked back and some of the key things the Mint Team did, that helped out really good was;

Under settings, something about "log in" there is a setting for "Default Monitor." I can check "DVI-0" and not "VGA-0". This allows Mint to boot up with the desktop on the right monitor. Thank you.

When I open up some programs, they open up on the non-default monitor. When it shows up in the bottom panel, I can right click, then chose "Open this program on the other monitor." This allows me to not have to go over and turn on the non-default monitor to bring them to the default. I can do it from here. Thank you.

Before I had to switch to Ubuntu-MATE, Audacity froze in Mint. Works beautifully in Ubuntu-MATE. When I came back and tried Mint 18.1, Audacity froze again.

I came back to try Mint 18.1, because I like Mint and wanted to come back to it. Seems buggy on my computer. I like the new features mentioned because it allows me to boot, without having to unhook my non-default monitor.

I like Mint Xfce, but in 18.1, the Mint team didn't put the default monitor in the log in, so it starts on the wrong monitor. I'd like to see Xfce in Mint have the default monitor setting in the log in preferences.

Thank you for adding the default monitor setting in the log in, and open on the other monitor when the program shows up in the panel in Mint Cinnamon.

Chris.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Thanks for the Mint Team for (Kind of) Fixing These or Adding These Features

Post by JerryF »

When you say Audacity froze, at what point did it freeze? (starting the app, opening file, etc.)
happydog500
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Thanks for the Mint Team for (Kind of) Fixing These or Adding These Features

Post by happydog500 »

Open audacity, add a file, freezes. Did it in 18, now in 18.1. Back when 18 came out, I deleted it and installed a different version and it worked. Maybe I can try that. Only problem is, I have a very good ubuntu now, but I'd wipe my drive and install mint. A mint that I know has problems.

I have my main drive, I plug in a drive I found in my compute box. I installed Mint to check back with it. I'm looking to wipe the main drive and replace with Mint so I was hoping everything was alright.

Thanks for the reply,
Chris.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Hmm...

The reason I asked is that I have 18.1 Cinnamon 64-bit and Audacity and haven't had a problem with it.

Do you think any of your audio files are corrupt?
happydog500
Level 2
Level 2

Post by happydog500 »

JerryF wrote:Hmm...

The reason I asked is that I have 18.1 Cinnamon 64-bit and Audacity and haven't had a problem with it.

Do you think any of your audio files are corrupt?
The same files work in Windows, just not Mint. I installed Mint 17.3 (Mint 18 doesn't work with my computer) and I have the same problem. When I work on audio, I have to boot into Windows to do it.

Chris.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

I'm at a loss. Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling Audacity.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”