same old bug

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
  • Only post ideas here that are specifically about the Linux Mint distribution or its websites.
  • So that developers and users from any distribution can discuss ideas in one place, post ideas about improving software to the collaboration website for that software instead.
tinny
Level 2
Level 2

same old bug

Post by tinny » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:13 pm

I am setting up a multi-boot computer, booting three or four linux distributions. The second system I was going to install was Mint 6.0 XFCE. And right there at the beginning of the installation, I see it, the same old issue: The system clock is 4 hours off. I don't see this in other distributions. (I don't use Ubuntu.) So if I install Mint along with 2 or 3 other distros, then every time I use Mint, the system clock will be off. I don't have time or patience to be monkeying around with clocks on various partitions and in BIOS. So Mint will not be installed on this computer. Maybe on a single-OS install, but not this multi-boot setup. Sorry, might have been fun.

SiKing
Level 5
Level 5

Re: same old bug

Post by SiKing » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:33 pm

I suspect the issue is somewhere between the keyboard and the chair.
Most Linux distros assume that your BIOS is set UTM. The other distros actually ask you. You probably have your BIOS set to your local timezone.

Return to “Suggestions & New Ideas”