Add l2pt support

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Vmaks88

Add l2pt support

Post by Vmaks88 »

Hi!
In recent years, increasingly used VPN L2PT, but, unfortunately, his support is not in the network manager. Of course, there are ways to add it. But for some reason did not give it initially in the release?
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Add l2pt support

Post by catweazel »

It's available in Mint 18.2 KDE.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

HI "Vmaks88",

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum !

I just read your post and the good replies to it. Here are my thoughts on this as well.

It would help to know more about your system setup. If you run "inxi -Fxzd" from the console terminal prompt, highlight the results, copy and paste them back here, that should provide enough information.

The "openVPN" protocol is the safest and most secure VPN protocol to use, and it is usually already installed in all editions of Linux Mint.
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
Vmaks88

Post by Vmaks88 »

Hi, PhD21!
I know that Linux mint cinnamon 18.2 natively supports pptp and OpenVPN.
I know how to add support L2PT, but it's not a very convenient way.
I just expressed my wish to have added support for L2PT. Open VPN does not support every network equipment, and it is inconvenient to set up. In a corporate environment, at least in our country, mainly use L2PT.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”