System Monitor

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
FrostyRussian

System Monitor

Post by FrostyRussian »

Windows has CTRL+SHIFT+ESC shortcut that opens Task Manager, i suggest mint does the same for System Monitor. Im on 18.2 cinnamon but these is suggestion for all flavors that dont have these keyboard shortcut.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: System Monitor

Post by catweazel »

This is something best left to individual users. I think the devs have more important things to do than set default keystrokes to the same as those in another OS.

Cheers.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
powerwagon75
Level 4
Level 4

Post by powerwagon75 »

If you would really like that key combination to work for you, go to "Menu", "Preferences", "Keyboard." At that pop-up, select the "Shortcuts" tab, then click on "Add Custom Shortcut." In that pop-up box, "Name" it System Monitor, in the "Command" box type gnome-system-monitor. Right after that, under Keyboard bindings, double-click on one of the "unassigned" lines, it will open up to say "pick an accelerator." At that point, push on your Ctl-Shift-Esc key combination, and it should show up on the same line if the keystrokes were accepted.
Custom Antec Outside tower w/Mint 20.2
HP lap w/Mint 20.3
Optiplex 960 "Frankenbox" w/Fedora 39/Mint 19.2/Mint 20.2
Advantech TPC-1551T w/LinuxLite
Acer C720 Chromebook w/GalliumOS
Mac PPC G4 w/Lubuntu
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

there is already a System Monitor, that is available in some versions of linuxMint,
and is installed by default - - it is often found in Favourites or in System tools,
where is is called gnome-system-monitor. :D

it is similar to the windows version, but not as elaborate or as detailed.
:)
if you want to know more information, than what it is giving out,
then use inxi -Fxz in a Terminal, to find that extra information.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”