Sony Vaio laptop support

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
JeansenVaars

Sony Vaio laptop support

Post by JeansenVaars »

Hi all,

I would like Linux Mint to beat all other distros, so here are a few indispensable tricks I have to do manually in every distro in order to have my old sony vaio laptop work properly. It be great if LM could do this out of the box for me next time:

BTW, im using XFCE due to resource limitations
  • Fix bug in Sony Vaio which causes that keyboard not to work after resume from suspend. Only way out is to force restart, fixes by adding the following to the kernel line:

Code: Select all

i8042.direct i8042.dumbkbd
    Not sure if it's for all sony vaio, I've got

serio: i8042 KBD port at 0x60,0x64 irq 1
  • Manually enable keyboard backlight, by creating a new systemd entry with

echo 2 | sudo tee /sys/devices/platform/sony-laptop/kbd_backlight
  • Probably this is XFCE specific but I can't find a way to disable tap to click while typing, got to disable this completely per session:

synclient MaxTapTime=0
Thanks
JV
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Sony Vaio laptop support

Post by catweazel »

Are you asking questions or are you making observations?
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

I think they're making a suggestion: better support for a specific type of old hardware. I don't really think this one's got legs...

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

Moem wrote:I think they're making a suggestion: better support for a specific type of old hardware. I don't really think this one's got legs...
I couldn't decide if "I can't find a way to disable tap to click while typing, got to disable this completely per session" implied a question or not.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”