Open terminal window under context menu

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Lost Dog
Level 1
Level 1

Open terminal window under context menu

Post by Lost Dog »

If there is an option to do this I totally missed it....

I use the Cinnamon desktop with a 27" 1440 x 2560 display. I open the terminal widow often by right clicking and selecting "Open in Terminal". The default action is to open the window in the center of the screen. I'd love to have it open wherever I've right clicked. Often I have other widows open (browser, etc) and I click to the right or left of it always wishing the terminal would open in that location... nope... always dead center of the scree.

My suggestion is to open the terminal at the location of the right click....
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Open terminal window under context menu

Post by JosephM »

In Cinnamon in settings->Windows under the behaviour tab, there is an option called "Location of newly opened windows". You can set that to cursor to get what you want. Some applications ignore this setting but it works with the terminal.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
Lost Dog
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Open terminal window under context menu

Post by Lost Dog »

JosephM wrote:In Cinnamon in settings->Windows under the behaviour tab, there is an option called "Location of newly opened windows". You can set that to cursor to get what you want. Some applications ignore this setting but it works with the terminal.
Look at that! Fantastic! Thank you very much!

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”