Slight modification to Nemo

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
tovian
Level 5
Level 5

Slight modification to Nemo

Post by tovian »

KDE's Dolphin has the most useful feature I've ever found in a file-manager: the SPLIT-view feature where you can display two separate "trees" side-by-side. I liked this so much I tried several thrid-party file-managers on the Windows side to see if any had the feature (some yes, but none as "tidy" as Dolphin).

After I found out that Mint is going to quit producing Mint-KDE Distro's I decided to have a go with Cinnamon. One of my first tasks was to see if the "native" file-manager (Nemo) had the split-view feature. IT DOES !! But, sadly, it does not have a toolbar button (default or optional) to invoke the feature. One must either perform a series of clicks, or get their finger (out of whatever it's in) and hit the F3 key.

If it's not a lot of trouble it would be a "major enhancement" to put (or allow the user to put) a "SPLIT-view" button/icon on the Nemo toolbar.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION OF THIS SUGGESTION !!

Tovian
“I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part"
"We're just the guys to do it”

Animal House
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Slight modification to Nemo

Post by smurphos »

+1

Also a preferences option to open Nemo in dual pane mode as default.

Edit - oops - that preference option is already there in Nemo 3.6.5..... :oops:
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”