PIN to login

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
re4397

PIN to login

Post by re4397 »

I just want that the linuxmint communit add a option to use a pin code to login the system and stay with the root and users passwords. Like windows 10.
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Re: PIN to login

Post by Pjotr »

re4397 wrote:I just want that the linuxmint communit add a option to use a pin code to login the system and stay with the root and users passwords. Like windows 10.
Good heavens, no. :shock:
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

re4397 wrote:I just want that the linuxmint communit add a option to use a pin code to login the system and stay with the root and users passwords. Like windows 10.
I'm pretty sure that to use a PIN option requires using a Microsoft Account. I have Windows 10 at work and I set up my account as a Local Account and using a PIN option is not available.

In Mint, having to set up an "account" of any kind just to use a PIN option sounds like it would adding complexity where it's not needed.

How about changing your password to a PIN? When I installed Mint, it asked what password I wanted and I used a PIN as my password.
PeterRJG
Level 2
Level 2

Post by PeterRJG »

Plus, Microsoft seemingly balls it up when an update happens.
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... w2014Setup

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”