Cheap Scanner Solution

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Ozo

Cheap Scanner Solution

Post by Ozo »

Since my Laser jet printer has no scanner I was looking for an inexpensive one. I found that all-in-one printers can be found at the Goodwill very cheaply but are inop due to no ink, paper jamed, etc.. The scanner however is usually ok. Simple Scan will recognize it and once saved to the computer can be printed on the laser jet. :) I have not actually done this but will soon.
Ozo

Re: Cheap Scanner Solution

Post by Ozo »

I made a special trip to Goodwill for a printer but found that the Goodwills in my region made a policy change and no longer have electronics like printers, vcr's etc. But on the way home I found an HP Photosmart 2570 all-in-one printer at a Thrift shop for just $5 without ink cartriges. Then I found the cartriges (generic) on Amazon for just $8.50 total for both tanks. I am waiting for that to arrive but in the meantime I tried the scanner and it works great with Simple Scan which was already loaded (18.3 Sylvia). Then I printed it on my HP Laser Jet.

It did not go perfectly though. The first time I tried to print the scanned image which I had saved to my computer it failed. I tried everything but no dice. I even did a Timeshift but still nothing. Eventually I reinstalled Mint and there were no problems then. Both printers loaded automatically and the scanner too was automatically recognized by the Simple Scan utility. :D

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”