Mint 19; option to 'Save (new) Theme / Layout'

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Gaytan

Mint 19; option to 'Save (new) Theme / Layout'

Post by Gaytan »

Hey Guys,

Working with Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.3 Sylvia and recently discovered FerenOS based on the same Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.3 version.

In Feren they built in an option to 'Save your (own) new theme'. Later on, if ever you decide you want to go back to your 'own made theme' you can click it and 'Voila', you get everything back.
Is that an option for Tara maybe? That would be awesome.
I mean, to 'Save' the 'ensemble / collection' of choices of: Windows Borders, Icons, Controls, Mouse Pointer, Desktop and eventually the present wallpaper on the desktop, under the 'Themes Option' in System Settings!
It's not the Mac, Windows versions etc. theming option in Feren, I talk about; it's Saving The Changes in the theming option I talk about; those can be saved.

Love to theme myself, that's why....
Would be neat really!

:D :D
Last edited by SMG on Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Locking old topic.
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Mint 19; option to 'Save (new) Theme / Layout'

Post by smurphos »

Are you talking about this? https://github.com/feren-OS/feren-Theme-Layout-Manager

If so the underlying scripts work just fine in Mint.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
Gaytan

Post by Gaytan »

Yes, but could something like that, be implemented in Tara, for everybody to use??
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

Feren proposed upstreaming it a little while back - https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/issues/6945 - doesn't look like the proposal was accepted.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”