Tara: 'cache clean / apt clean' option....

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Gaytan

Tara: 'cache clean / apt clean' option....

Post by Gaytan »

Hi,

Another feature tip / request which would come in really handy; an option, like 'Janitor' in 'Ubuntu-Tweak' to clean out old / cached files, apt, old kernels etc.
See image. That would be really neat as I always rely on reinstalling Ubuntu-Tweak for that; it's such a handy nifty program for that plus that Mint is faster once the 'simple clean' is done... I know about other programs -to be installed- one can use for cleaning out all kinds of odd files but I would (more) rely on the cleaning option given by the Mint Developers.

Most of the cleaning programs are sometimes too dangerous to rigourously clean out all kinds of files; if Mint would include a 'Clean and Purge' option of cached, internet- and temp-files, old kernels, etc, it would be way more reliable for the average user.

JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Tara: 'cache clean / apt clean' option....

Post by JoeFootball »

Not to discount your suggestion, but have a read of this article for tips on cleaning Linux Mint, especially the slick purge-old-kernels-2 script.

Joe
Gaytan

Re: Tara: 'cache clean / apt clean' option....

Post by Gaytan »

Ok, cool, nice!! Thanks....
But the tool I describe has it all in one interface for me.....Quite handy!!

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”