Suggestion: menulibre default menu editor in LM 19 Mate

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
lmuserx4849

Suggestion: menulibre default menu editor in LM 19 Mate

Post by lmuserx4849 »

Suggestion: Make menulibre the default menu editor instead of mozo in LM 19 Mate.

Added support for Menulibre menu editor, if installed it is preferred over Mozo.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Suggestion: menulibre default menu editor in LM 19 Mate

Post by xenopeek »

Here's menulibre on Linux Mint 18.3 MATE:

Here's the mozo, the default menu editor on Linux Mint 18.3 MATE:

I don't think menulibre will be included by default seeing as it is using headerbar instead of titlebar.

What would be your specific reasons to prefer menulibre over mozo? What does it do better?
lmuserx4849

Post by lmuserx4849 »

xenopeek wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:31 am ...
What would be your specific reasons to prefer menulibre over mozo? What does it do better?
Just a few:
- It provides more useful features that makes menu/desktop file configuring easier and saves the user time.
- Many more images at their web site that show various features: menulibre
- What’s new in MATE 1.18

Code: Select all

Added support for Menulibre menu editor, if installed it is preferred over Mozo.
- The kde menu editor already shows this level of detail, which makes handling menu entires/desktop files much easier.
- As far as I can tell, menulibre doesn't create many unidentifiable files under ~/.local/share/applications that become unmanageable (ie., mozo-made-1.desktop, mozo-made-2.desktop, ...mozo-made-30.desktop).
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Useful comparison screenshot! Views on headerbars have changed and if the program implements them in a useful way (like Gnome Calculator) there's no problem with them.

I've shared the suggestion with the developers and it looks possible that menulibre will be included Linux Mint 19 MATE. Thanks for the suggestion!

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”