Applet Global Menu and HUD for Cinnamon

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
aNobody_81

Applet Global Menu and HUD for Cinnamon

Post by aNobody_81 »

Hello everyone.

It'd be great if the LM team or some 3rd party dev will be able to develop a global menu applet and integrate the HUD like the MATE team was able to do.

Is it difficult with Cinnamon? It'd be a great addition.

Thanks in advance.
aNobody_81

Re: Applet Global Menu and HUD for Cinnamon

Post by aNobody_81 »

Hello again. Nobody knows if the Linux Mint team is working on something like this?
ssspace

Post by ssspace »

I agree that it would be very nice to have a HUD, it saves time for applications with tons of menus like LibreOffice, GIMP and others.
aNobody_81

Post by aNobody_81 »

Hello again, since Linux Mint 19 is ready, is it possible that someone from the Linux Mint development team reply to my suggestion?

I really like the global menu and also the HUD, especially for programs with a lot of stuff in their menu. Please, someone give me hope :)

Thanks in advance.
ssspace

Post by ssspace »

Give Linux Mint MATE a try, Ubuntu MATE has this feature so probably Linux Mint MATE has it too, I don't see any plans of this feature being considered on Cinnamon edition or the Xfce edition, at least for now, maybe in the future they will implement it.
mahmutelmas06

Post by mahmutelmas06 »

Also Zorin os has this theming option.
I agree this idea.
There should be a poll system here which we poll what should be as a feature in next releases to give idea to developers.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”