Better sound effect for volume scrolling

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
ssspace

Better sound effect for volume scrolling

Post by ssspace »

When you hover the mouse cursor over the sound icon and scroll, the default sound effect volume.oga is played. The problem is if it's near 100% and you have your headphones on it can be quite annoying when you change it(test it and you will understand).

On Sound effects(configurations) screen there is a more neutral sound that could be used: logout.ogg.

How about changing to this one? It's much easier in the ears, or another sound effect that doesn't hurt the ears.
powerwagon75
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Better sound effect for volume scrolling

Post by powerwagon75 »

You can change the event sounds by clicking on the "speaker" icon in the tray, then select "Sound Settings", then the "Sound Effects" tab. Click on the name of the *.ogg file you want to change to mix/match to your preference. You can also make your own *.ogg sounds/audio. This is an example of an online site https://www.aconvert.com/audio/mp3-to-ogg/ where you can convert mp3 to *.ogg. I just did one for fun to play a different little tune at login.

Sounds like you've already been there experimenting, so mix and match, or create some soft sound to use that works for you.

Eric
Custom Antec Outside tower w/Mint 20.2
HP lap w/Mint 20.3
Optiplex 960 "Frankenbox" w/Fedora 39/Mint 19.2/Mint 20.2
Advantech TPC-1551T w/LinuxLite
Acer C720 Chromebook w/GalliumOS
Mac PPC G4 w/Lubuntu
ssspace

Post by ssspace »

Yeah, I've changed the sound effect to the 'logout' sound, it's much better in my opinion.
I was talking about changing the default sound effect for Cinnamon DE, I don't know the developers' opinion on this.

*Update

Issue #7502 posted:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/issues/7502
MackenzieSam

Post by MackenzieSam »

powerwagon75 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:37 pm You can change the event sounds by clicking on the "speaker" icon in the tray, then select "Sound Settings", then the "Sound Effects" tab. Click on the name of the *.ogg file you want to change to mix/match to your preference. You can also make your own *.ogg sounds/audio. This is an example of an online site https://www.aconvert.com/audio/mp3-to-ogg/ where you can convert mp3 to *.ogg. I just did one for fun to play a different little tune at login.

Sounds like you've already been there experimenting, so mix and match, or create some soft sound to use that works for you.

Eric
Thank you sir!
YongzeX
Level 1
Level 1

Post by YongzeX »

MackenzieSam wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:16 pm
powerwagon75 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:37 pm You can change the event sounds by clicking on the "speaker" icon in the tray, then select "Sound Settings", then the "Sound Effects" tab. Click on the name of the *.ogg file you want to change to mix/match to your preference. You can also make your own *.ogg sounds/audio. This is an example of an online site https://www.aconvert.com/audio/mp3-to-ogg/ where you can convert mp3 to *.ogg. I just did one for fun to play a different little tune at login.

Eric
Thank you sir!
You're late :D
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

YongzeX wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:21 pm
MackenzieSam wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:16 pm Thank you sir!
You're late :D
So are you! Time to lock this up. :wink:

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”