Make a decent power management control

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
rado84

Make a decent power management control

Post by rado84 »

I hope some day you will make a decent power and CPU management control. In the last few days the weather in my country became hotter and with this the idle temperature of my CPU went up - 42 degrees Celsius for doing nothing - Audacious with an online radio and Chromium running. If I run a game, it goes above 65 degrees closing more and more to the CPU safe temperature. And that's with a special case with 5 fans for better cooling! So for now looks like I'll be able to use Linux only in the autumn and the early winter. :lol:
So why don't you make a CPU frequency management like on Windows? And make it with GUI, not with the terminal commands. In case you don't understand what I'm talking about, see this picture:

Lilmothiit

Re: Make a decent power management control

Post by Lilmothiit »

I second this idea! A decant battery management tool wouldn't go astray either.
MaoMao2

Re: Make a decent power management control

Post by MaoMao2 »

Hi,
For CPU limit in UNDERclock games/media player:
i play always in underclock the videogames/mediaplayer with or without emulators and for limit the power of CPU) i use cpufrequtils with command in terminal cpufreq-set....
Don't use the GUI because don't work good anb never work, but with Terminal all work great, pheraps in the command u need to inser the number of cpu in use to limint, and for change all the CPU with 1 single comand look my post in help for write a very easy script.
Tested in My i5 4 core work and now i use the script for very easy setup of all 4 of my cores.
My POST for help and solution:
viewtopic.php?t=274140

With cpu mimiter (cpufrequtils) i think that the energy saver setup of Mint Chinnamond don't is bad, is nice, KDE 18.3 was better and for this i suggest of add the possibility of "Power Off" the CPU after XX minutes and no only "Suspend" (how KDE and Windows).
My POST:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=274626

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”