Installation menu

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Gabriele
Level 1
Level 1

Installation menu

Post by Gabriele »

When i install Cinnamon it provide me to install Mint new with another old system preserving the documents or to overide all.

I think this option should be expanded allowing the user to override the old system preserving the documents folder.

In other word an option with which i select a folder or more folder in the old system that can be preserved and copied in the new.

I said this because sometime linux crash and i need to reeinstall, i could recovery the document but i needed to copy from the crashed to the new after istallation.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Installation menu

Post by Moem »

The way people do this is generally to make a separate /home partition (using the 'Something Else' installation option) and then choose not to format that during the new installation.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Installation menu

Post by lsemmens »

I go even further than Moem (Who's advice is sound) and keep all of my critical data on a separate drive. I can then safely blow everything away on my OS drive and not risk forgetting something.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”