A Hardware WTB/WTS/WTT Forum

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
  • Only post ideas here that are specifically about the Linux Mint distribution or its websites.
  • So that developers and users from any distribution can discuss ideas in one place, post ideas about improving software to the collaboration website for that software instead.
JBHoren
Level 1
Level 1

A Hardware WTB/WTS/WTT Forum

Post by JBHoren » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:19 pm

It's long overdue.

Not all of us buy new stuff; some of us (me!) run 32-bit hardware, and are happy with what we've got. Still, older components have been known to "go South", and the market offerings for new stuff are either incompatible or astronomically-priced.

It seems to me that a WTB/WTS/WTT forum for computer hardware that is demonstrably Linux Mint-compatible would be a godsend to many of our users. There's no need to reinvent the wheel, B/S/T (Buy/Sell/Trade) forums are ubiquitous on dedicated-subject websites; so, why not here?

catweazel
Level 17
Level 17

Re: A Hardware WTB/WTS/WTT Forum

Post by catweazel » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:57 am

JBHoren wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:19 pm
It's long overdue.

Not all of us buy new stuff; some of us (me!) run 32-bit hardware, and are happy with what we've got. Still, older components have been known to "go South", and the market offerings for new stuff are either incompatible or astronomically-priced.

It seems to me that a WTB/WTS/WTT forum for computer hardware that is demonstrably Linux Mint-compatible would be a godsend to many of our users. There's no need to reinvent the wheel, B/S/T (Buy/Sell/Trade) forums are ubiquitous on dedicated-subject websites; so, why not here?

It's an open invitation to spammers and I don't want to wade through advertisements for old equipment while I'm looking for posts where I can assist the user having problems. The idea stinks.
¡uʍop ǝpısdn sı buıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ os ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ ɯoɹɟ ɯ,ı

killer de bug
Level 14
Level 14

Re: A Hardware WTB/WTS/WTT Forum

Post by killer de bug » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:22 am

We don't do sell and buy here. There are dedicated places on the Internet for this. Please use them.
If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.

Return to “Suggestions & New Ideas”