A Hardware WTB/WTS/WTT Forum

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
JBHoren

A Hardware WTB/WTS/WTT Forum

Post by JBHoren »

It's long overdue.

Not all of us buy new stuff; some of us (me!) run 32-bit hardware, and are happy with what we've got. Still, older components have been known to "go South", and the market offerings for new stuff are either incompatible or astronomically-priced.

It seems to me that a WTB/WTS/WTT forum for computer hardware that is demonstrably Linux Mint-compatible would be a godsend to many of our users. There's no need to reinvent the wheel, B/S/T (Buy/Sell/Trade) forums are ubiquitous on dedicated-subject websites; so, why not here?
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: A Hardware WTB/WTS/WTT Forum

Post by catweazel »

JBHoren wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:19 pm It's long overdue.

Not all of us buy new stuff; some of us (me!) run 32-bit hardware, and are happy with what we've got. Still, older components have been known to "go South", and the market offerings for new stuff are either incompatible or astronomically-priced.

It seems to me that a WTB/WTS/WTT forum for computer hardware that is demonstrably Linux Mint-compatible would be a godsend to many of our users. There's no need to reinvent the wheel, B/S/T (Buy/Sell/Trade) forums are ubiquitous on dedicated-subject websites; so, why not here?

It's an open invitation to spammers and I don't want to wade through advertisements for old equipment while I'm looking for posts where I can assist the user having problems. The idea stinks.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
killer de bug

Re: A Hardware WTB/WTS/WTT Forum

Post by killer de bug »

We don't do sell and buy here. There are dedicated places on the Internet for this. Please use them.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”