Nemo - Open all instances in same window

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
FIGG
Level 1
Level 1

Nemo - Open all instances in same window

Post by FIGG »

It would be great to have new instances of Nemo open in a new tab in the same window. For example, if Nemo is already open to the home folder and you right click on Nemo on the panel and select "Trash" or one of the other selections it would open that folder in a new tab of the existing window, or if Nemo is already open and you open a folder on the desktop it would also open a new tab in the window that's currently open.

Thanks,

James
Gruppo Sportivo
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Nemo - Open all instances in same window

Post by Gruppo Sportivo »

FIGG wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:15 am It would be great to have new instances of Nemo open in a new tab in the same window. For example, if Nemo is already open to the home folder and you right click on Nemo on the panel and select "Trash" or one of the other selections it would open that folder in a new tab of the existing window, or if Nemo is already open and you open a folder on the desktop it would also open a new tab in the window that's currently open.

Thanks,

James
This is possible with an extra panel
nakednorman

Post by nakednorman »

Many thanks, Gruppo - that's another really useful snippet that I've picked up while browsing this forum.
NN
FIGG
Level 1
Level 1

Post by FIGG »

Thanks for your reply Gruppo Sportivo. I know that you can manually add new tabs. What I am referring to is having a setting that automatically does that regardless of the location of the new folder that you're opening.

Thanks!

James
Gruppo Sportivo
Level 4
Level 4

FIGG wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:05 pm What I am referring to is having a setting that automatically does that regardless of the location of the new folder that you're opening.
Thanks!
James
Nemo has multitab.Press Ctrl+T to open a new tab. In a new tab, you can browse different place.

Edit:This does not happen automatically (keyboard shortcuts) Suppose it is better to approach the developers of Nemo by submit an Pull Request at https://github.com/linuxmint/nemo
Gruppo Sportivo
Level 4
Level 4

dconf-editor opened found no possibility to set newly open tabs automatically.

art gertner

Post by art gertner »

Looks like "No one's bothered" ( c ).

Here is my post on SU (same subj):
https://superuser.com/q/839526/281154

Here is github thread. It was locked by admin with a statement that it was reviewed. I assume it was reviewed and considered not very useful.
https://github.com/linuxmint/nemo/issues/461
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

You can open a split screen in Nemo by pressing <F3>
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
art gertner

Post by art gertner »

lsemmens wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:40 am You can open a split screen in Nemo by pressing <F3>
I don't think that addresses OP's problem...

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”