Vertical panel layout

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
cliffcoggin
Level 8
Level 8

Vertical panel layout

Post by cliffcoggin »

Is this the right place to request a new feature?

If so, I'd like to have vertical panels displayed the same way as horizontal panels as discussed in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=289753

Essentially I'd like the ability to see titled icons that can be scaled to similar sizes, set in a panel that can be made wide enough to accommodate icon and titles.
Cliff Coggin
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Vertical panel layout

Post by catweazel »

cliffcoggin wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:49 pm Is this the right place to request a new feature?
Not really. Perhaps this particular sub-forum exists only because it was a good idea at some point to get other people's ideas. Your idea, I think, is quite worthy, but the problem is, with only a very few exceptions, the devs don't frequent these forums so getting them to notice is also a problem. Plus you have the added disadvantage that, while Mint established Cinnamon, Cinnamon is a stand-alone project in its own right; this is why I wonder what the purpose of this sub-forum is. Perhaps the best place to communicate your idea is here: https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon ... or somewhere thereabouts.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
cliffcoggin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by cliffcoggin »

Blimey, I thought the code was complicated, but negotiating my way through Github, Cinnamon and Mint would need the dedication of a saint. I'm not a saint.

Thanks for the explanation.
Cliff Coggin
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

I believe I've read that the preferred method is to post feature requests to the issues page here: https://github.com/linuxmint/cinnamon/issues

Of course, that's after making sure no one else has already done so. If someone has, add your support for the idea to their post.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”