Add fourth view mode within Nemo

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
taith
Level 2
Level 2

Add fourth view mode within Nemo

Post by taith »

I'd like to suggest fourth view mode, gallery mode.
As person with many folders containing photos, I'd like to set up mode to display just icons, tightly packed one next to another, without any text (maybe just after hovering with cursor over particular image).
It would greatly ease browsing trough tens of hundreds of photos and images, as for now icon image is like 1/5th of the size that could be utilized to display miniatures.
Fun fact: I calculated pixels in one of my galleries, and it is 1/5th of what it could be displayed in image dedicated mode.
And I know I can magnify them in icon, mode, but now as much as it would be without text and 1 pixel wide spacing.
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Add fourth view mode within Nemo

Post by kyphi »

You can use the slider (bottom right of nemo screen) for that. If set to the extreme left to make the icons very small, it gives the title of the folder on hover. Is that what you had in mind?
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
taith
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Add fourth view mode within Nemo

Post by taith »

Sorry I missed the reply, I know how to enlarge thumbnails, usually going ctrl+scroll for that.
Thing is: filesize, modification date and spacing between thumbnails is wasting space!
Just calculated it and ~50% of space is wasted by spacing (haven't updated to 19.3 yet, due to snapshot hard drive dying, so no idea if this was addressed)

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”