Suggestions for Timeshift

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
  • Only post ideas here that are specifically about the Linux Mint distribution or its websites.
  • So that developers and users from any distribution can discuss ideas in one place, post ideas about improving software to the collaboration website for that software instead.
mrkvchm
Level 1
Level 1

Suggestions for Timeshift

Post by mrkvchm » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:52 pm

Thanks for making Linux Mint! It's my favorite desktop operating system.

I really like Timeshift, but I have a couple of ideas that I think might make it even better.

In the Timeshift window, right-clicking on a snapshot allows me to mark it for deletion, and then it will later be deleted. However, once I've marked something for deletion, I wish I could use the same context menu to UNmark it. I have marked a snapshot for deletion by mistake and would like to unmark it if possible.

Another idea: It would be nice if I could PIN a snapshot to prevent it from being deleted automatically. I currently have the system set to save the last 5 snapshots automatically. But I would like to pin one to keep it for longer because I have made a system change and it might take me many days to decide if I want to revert it or not. I could then unpin it later to allow it to be cleaned up automatically.

Those are a couple of my ideas to make Timeshift even better. What do you guys think?

Thanks for your consideration!

Moem
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Suggestions for Timeshift

Post by Moem » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:00 pm

You might want to make these suggestions towards the developer of Timeshift. This is his Github page: https://github.com/teejee2008

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Suggestions & New Ideas”