Delete Old Notifications And List A Members Threads

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
  • Only post ideas here that are specifically about the Linux Mint distribution or its websites.
  • So that developers and users from any distribution can discuss ideas in one place, post ideas about improving software to the collaboration website for that software instead.
MrGrimm
Level 5
Level 5

Delete Old Notifications And List A Members Threads

Post by MrGrimm » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:03 pm

we need a way to actually delete the old notifications, and to list threads we've created. i just went to the page that lis all notifications i've received and there is no way to delete them. earlier i needed to find a thread i created and when i went through all my settings all i found was the ability to view my post not my threads. both the ability to look through my post and threads are needed. please look into these issues.

smurphos
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Delete Old Notifications And List A Members Threads

Post by smurphos » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:16 am

For the search for topics started by a member...

search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=m ... mit=Search

Advanced search, insert member name in Search by author field and check the Search in first post of topic only option. Hit search.
For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.

MrGrimm
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MrGrimm » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:21 am

that's nice and i already know i can search that way, but when someone goes to amebers page or a member goes to their own profile the should be an option right there to view their topics.

JeremyB
Level 20
Level 20

Post by JeremyB » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:26 am

There is an option on a profile page under user statistics to find all the users posts

MrGrimm
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MrGrimm » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:29 am

JeremyB wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:26 am
There is an option on a profile page under user statistics to find all the users posts
that's post not threads, thanks but big difference.

xenopeek
Level 24
Level 24

Post by xenopeek » Fri May 03, 2019 11:32 am

Read notifications are automatically deleted after 30 days. There is no option to manually delete read notifications.

We could shorten that period but we're not going to. Whether we make it a day, a week or a month there will always be some that think it too short or too long. A month seems a sensible amount to still be able to find notifications you recall having received and not make the notifications list absurdly long.

These are otherwise suggestions (option to manually delete a notification; link from members' profiles to all topics they started) for the phpBB software developers and as such if you want them implemented should be posted to them. We're just using phpBB to host this board.

Return to “Suggestions & New Ideas”