Asterick usage

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Peter Linu
Level 7
Level 7

Asterick usage

Post by Peter Linu »

I have found the asterisk very helpful in visually-finding my posts quickly.
Two suggestions:
1. Can an asterisked subject be defaulted to the top of the first page?
2. Being a newbie, I find plenty of subjects interesting. However I can't look at them and have the info sink in all at the same time. Could subjects of my choice
be somehow marked and put at the beginning of the board like (1)?
Cinnamon 21.3 Thinkcentre M920q + 2 Thinkpad T440p (modded) + Lenovo Y50-70 (all have VBs) + 2 PC NAS drives w XFCE21.2 + Q4OS-32bit on ASUS Atom (2011) + Asus UX305F-64bit+ 10yo Lenovo NAS for backup
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Asterick usage

Post by xenopeek »

You're referring to the red star emblem on a topic icon, which means you've posted on that topic. See also viewtopic.php?f=17&t=263886.

You can't put topics you find interesting at the top of the topics list but you can bookmark them and then find them in your bookmarks list. To do so you click the wrench icon button at the top or bottom of a topic page (to the right of the Post Reply button) and select to bookmark. You can find all your bookmarks through the user control panel. Direct link: ucp.php?i=ucp_main&mode=bookmarks. You can also configure that you'll receive a notification when somebody replies to a topic you have bookmarked. Check your notification options here: ucp.php?i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options. Make sure "Someone replies to a topic you have bookmarked" has a check in the Notifications column (notifications go to the notifications tray found near the top right of each page, to the right of Private messages and your username).
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Post by AndyMH »

Thanks xenopeek, something I'd never noticed and just bookmarked stuff in chromium.
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
Peter Linu
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Peter Linu »

Thanks Zenopeek,
Very helpful.
Too much to learn!
Cinnamon 21.3 Thinkcentre M920q + 2 Thinkpad T440p (modded) + Lenovo Y50-70 (all have VBs) + 2 PC NAS drives w XFCE21.2 + Q4OS-32bit on ASUS Atom (2011) + Asus UX305F-64bit+ 10yo Lenovo NAS for backup

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”