Option during installation for selecting Language Pack

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Achaiah
Level 1
Level 1

Option during installation for selecting Language Pack

Post by Achaiah »

Hello,

To start I would like to thank everyone at Linux Mint for putting out a great distribution. I have been using linux for many years and many flavours. Linux Mint has been the best one yet.

The only suggestion that I have is to include an option for selecting the "Language Packs" you would like to install during the setup. Right now it has taken over 15 minutes (at 83%) to download language packs and I am up to an additional 15+ minutes for downloading and installing more language packs (95%). Personally I don't need additional language packs as I only utilize English.

Thank you,
Kevin
emorrp1

Re: Option during installation for selecting Language Pack

Post by emorrp1 »

errr, have you tried the skip button? or disconnecting the internet so it can't download any?
Achaiah
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Achaiah »

I have tried that... and for some reason the installation did not complete successfully (clicking on 'skip'). The only way that I could get a successful installation was to let it continue.
Achaiah
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Achaiah »

I reburned the disc for Mint 7 (at a slower speed) and reinstalled. I was now able to skip the Language pack installation with no problems. I guess my previous disc was a bad burn and not everything worked.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”