google chrome suggestion for multiple profile

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
harpoon
Level 1
Level 1

google chrome suggestion for multiple profile

Post by harpoon »

i love Linux mint and it really helped me move away from windows but there is still some stuff I miss from using windows. in google chrome, you can create multiple profiles and log into them so that you can separate accounts. in the "taskbar" of Linux mint it does indicate what tabs are for which profile.

it would be nice to have have the tabs group by the profiles as well. so if I have 2 windows open profile a and another open for profile b they stay organized and separate. the 2 windows with profile a are always with each other.
Moonstone Man
Level 16
Level 16

Re: google chrome suggestion for multiple profile

Post by Moonstone Man »

harpoon wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:23 pm it would be nice to have have the tabs group by the profiles as well. so if I have 2 windows open profile a and another open for profile b they stay organized and separate. the 2 windows with profile a are always with each other.
You need to tell google, not Linux Mint.
harpoon
Level 1
Level 1

Post by harpoon »

your right. google isnt going to listen though. i mean they are listening. but for the purpose to sell your data :lol:
valiantgenomics
Level 2
Level 2

Post by valiantgenomics »

harpoon wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:23 pm i love Linux mint and it really helped me move away from windows but there is still some stuff I miss from using windows. in google chrome, you can create multiple profiles and log into them so that you can separate accounts. in the "taskbar" of Linux mint it does indicate what tabs are for which profile.

it would be nice to have have the tabs group by the profiles as well. so if I have 2 windows open profile a and another open for profile b they stay organized and separate. the 2 windows with profile a are always with each other.
Hey, did you find a solution to this?

I'm trying to figure out how to do EXACTLY the same thing and experimented with dozen different methods but to no avail :cry:

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”