Using gnomenu?

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
  • Only post ideas here that are specifically about the Linux Mint distribution or its websites.
  • So that developers and users from any distribution can discuss ideas in one place, post ideas about improving software to the collaboration website for that software instead.
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Using gnomenu?

Post by NiksaVel » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:51 am

Hey guys...

I've only recently came up on the GnoMenu project at http://www.gtk-apps.org/content/show.ph ... tent=93056

Do you guys think we could adapt it to make the mintMenu pretty? That would be so awsome... the menu is great in functionality, but it could really use some eyecandy...
Windows is extremely fast after a fresh install. If you want to make it stay that way: - don't use it.
-Clem

lagagnon
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Using gnomenu?

Post by lagagnon » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:41 am

They are two completely different applications, so no, you cannot "adapt" mintMenu to use parts of GnoMenu. You will have to decide which you want and use either one or the other. (to me GnoMenu looks too much like ridiculous Windows eye-candy so I would never use it...my $.02 worth).

Someone else will have to tell you where mintMenu gets loaded from because I cannot seem to find the script where it actually gets loaded during the desktop loading. That is important because you will have to change that script if your want to replace mintMenu with GnoMenu. Anyone?

NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:50 pm

No, I really don't want to replacer it.. I love my mintmenu, I find it to be the most practical and functional menu out there. I just want it prettier. :). I think it's a valid suggestion... You can always use cli for max functionality or minimal gui... I prefer compiz and some eyecandy. :)
Windows is extremely fast after a fresh install. If you want to make it stay that way: - don't use it.
-Clem

RelicKylias
Level 1
Level 1

Post by RelicKylias » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:34 am

Isn't that the point of KDE? Allow more tweaking and to look better? (Not that it does really, in my opinion).
"Hasta La Victoria Siempre!" - Ernesto 'Che' Guevara.

NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:15 am

I suppose you're right lol :mrgreen:
-Clem

Return to “Suggestions & New Ideas”