How about an android version of warpinator?

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
  • Only post ideas here that are specifically about the Linux Mint distribution or its websites.
  • So that developers and users from any distribution can discuss ideas in one place, post ideas about improving software to the collaboration website for that software instead.
Brody
Level 1
Level 1

How about an android version of warpinator?

Post by Brody »

I don't know how realistic this is, but I'd like to see an Android version of Warpinator so that I could quickly transfer pictures from my phone to my laptop and PC.

Currently I can use bluetooth, which takes like 5 minutes to transfer just 1 picture, so that is not feasible when I got many pics to copy. Or I can upload to google drive then download with my laptop, but that is kinda clunky and annoying, and I shouldn't have to waste bandwidth to transfer files around on my own network. Or I can connect my phone to my laptop with a usb cable, but I hate hunting around for a usb cable and I shouldn't have to use cables in 2020.

An app that runs on my phone that can see all computers on the same wifi network that are running warpinator so that I could simply send the file over wifi would really be useful.

Is this at all feasible?

ugly
Level 4
Level 4

Re: How about an android version of warpinator?

Post by ugly »

Try KDEConnect.

Brody
Level 1
Level 1

Re: How about an android version of warpinator?

Post by Brody »

I don't want to install KDE or its many libraries/dependencies though.

Return to “Suggestions & New Ideas”