Window Placement Inconsistencies ?

Write suggestions and new ideas in here
More ideas here http://community.linuxmint.com/idea/welcome
Forum rules
  • Only post ideas here that are specifically about the Linux Mint distribution or its websites.
  • So that developers and users from any distribution can discuss ideas in one place, post ideas about improving software to the collaboration website for that software instead.
noobloo
Level 1
Level 1

Window Placement Inconsistencies ?

Post by noobloo »

I'm currently using Xfce and just noticed lately that some of my windows do not open in the center of the screen as I have it set in the Window Manager Tweaks > Placement. I did a quick search and found a post from a user about Thunar mis-behaving in this way. The post replies suggested moving a slider ('Minimum Size') to 'Large' and apparently that fixed the problem. No, I do not understand exactly what that does.

Anyhoo, I tried this (moved it to about the middle) and as far as I can tell it solved the issue for all the windows that were opening in the top left of the screen where I did not want them. This also includes new windows within Lightning (my calendar) Yay ! If I had this problem my guess is other new users have also had it and may be clueless about what is going on.

Suggestion: Maybe the default setting in a new install could be changed (set the slider higher) in order to eliminate or at least minimize this little annoyance :)
Linux noob. LM 20 Xfce on 2 older PCs (dedicated,), still learning and loving Linux.

Return to “Suggestions & New Ideas”